Connections Program - Program Requirements
Students who accept admission to the UW–Madison Connections Program agree to meet the following requirements:
- Submit the UW–Madison Connections Program Agreement.
- Complete 54 transferable credits* within three years at the chosen partner campus. These credits may include AP, IB, college credit earned while still in high school, or summer courses taken at approved post-secondary institutions.
- Satisfy UW–Madison's General Education Requirements (GERs)* with the exception of Communication Part B. These requirements include: Communication Part A (3 crs.); Quantitative Reasoning Parts A and B (6 crs.); Natural Science (4–6 crs.); Humanities/Literature/Arts (6 crs.); Social Studies (3 crs.); and Ethnic Studies (3 crs.)
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 each term. (Specific major/program admission requirements may be higher than a 2.0 GPA. Review our entrance requirements for undergraduate majors for more information.)
- Complete the Connections Program Transition Checklist and submit it along with required documents (official transcripts, AP score reports, etc.).
Upon fulfilling these requirements, students transition directly to UW–Madison without completing a separate application for admission.
* Use the Transfer Information System (TIS) to see how your coursework will transfer to UW–Madison.