Students who previously attended the University of Wisconsin–Madison as an undergraduate and would like to complete their first undergraduate degree will need to apply for reentry admission. Reentry students are those who have not been enrolled in courses for a semester or more. The primary admission consideration for reentry students is your academic record while previously enrolled at UW–Madison. If you are interested in returning to UW–Madison to complete your undergraduate degree, please review the following requirements and expectations for readmission.
Dates and Deadlines
To guarantee an early enrollment appointment for the term you are applying for, we encourage you to complete your reentry application by the following deadlines:
|Period||Application Open||Application Deadline||Decision Notification if NO Dean's Action|
|Spring 2020 Term||February 1, 2019||January 4, 2020||Made on a rolling basis|
|Summer 2020 Term||August 1, 2019||July 10, 2020||Made on a rolling basis|
|Fall 2020 Term||August 1, 2019||August 14, 2020||Made on a rolling basis|
The admissions process for reentry students is automatic, and you should be admitted right away. The only exception would be if you have been dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons. In this case, your reentry application will be referred to the appropriate Dean's office, and they will make the final determination regarding your admission to the university. Contact your Dean to begin the process and find out more information.
Please note that our reentry application does not accommodate reapplying for multiple majors. There is no need to complete another application. Once you are admitted, a process is run to readmit you to the other major(s).
How to Apply
There are two ways you can access the reentry application:
- Students last enrolled Fall 2010 or later: Access application through My UW with your NetID.
- Students last enrolled prior to Fall 2010 please access the reentry application through My Info.
- If you have forgotten your NetID and password, you can use My Info to access the reentry application. If you have forgotten your Campus ID number (needed for the My Info page), contact the Office of the Registrar at 608-262-3811.
Within the Student Center, you can access the Reentry Application:
- Under the “Academic Records” tile. (Review this screenshot)
- Select the menu on the left for “Request for Reentry”
- Click on the “Create a New Reentry Application” button
- For any technical issues with the reentry application, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions or problems with this process, email email@example.com.
View our frequently-asked questions about the reentry process for further help.
If you need further help with the reentry application process, please feel free to contact our office directly. You can reach us by phone at 608-262-3961 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having technical issues with the reentry application, please reach out to email@example.com.