Check Application Status
Once we receive your application for admission, we will send you an application acknowledgment. If you provide us with an e-mail address, the acknowledgement will be sent via e-mail. If you do not supply an email address, you will receive the acknowledgement letter in the mail.
The acknowledgement will include your campus ID number, which can then be used to activate your UW NetID and check your application status.
This online system enables you to:
- Check to make sure we've received all of your application materials and, if we haven't, see a list of exactly what we do not have (e.g., application fee, test scores, etc.)
- View your admission decision
- Check the details we have on file about you, including residency status and term of entry
- Update your mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address
- Monitor the status of your financial aid application and accept your award
- Accept or decline an offer of admission
To check your application status:
- Visit the My UW website and log in
- Click on the Student Center link located on the upper right corner of the screen
Activating Your NetID
Before you can access the My UW website, you must activate your UW NetID. To do so, you'll need your 10-digit campus ID number (found in your application acknowledgment letter or email) and birth date. Once you activate your NetID, you will assign yourself a password and then be authorized to access the My UW web portal and your application status information.
Forgot Your Campus ID, NetID, or Password?
Your campus ID number was sent to you with your application acknowledgement email. It will likely begin with a 906 or 907. If you cannot find your campus ID number, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our admissions office at 608-262-3961 and we will resend your acknowledgement email to you. (We will not be able to provide you with your campus ID number over the phone.)
If you’ve activated your NetID but have forgotten your NetID password, you can reset it online with the NetID Password Reset Tool. If you have forgotten your NetID, you can recover it using the self-service NetID Recovery Tool.