Transfer Agreements

Eligible students may take advantage of agreements we have with a select number of partner institutions. These programs make transferring to UW–Madison a viable option for many applicants. They also offer clear guidance on what courses to take and how long to study at their first institution.

Guaranteed Transfer Program

The contract for this program is under review and will be replaced with an updated agreement by July 2016. Students who enroll at one of the two-year colleges after the Fall 2016 semester will be subject to terms of a new transfer agreement currently being developed by UW–Madison.

Students (including international students) enrolled at one of the two-year colleges in the University of Wisconsin System, including the online program, as of the Fall 2016 semester will be eligible for transfer under terms of the existing Guaranteed Transfer Agreement (as articulated in the links provided below) with UW–Madison as long as they file a Declaration of Intent to Participate before earning their first 30 credits and no later than November 1, 2016. Other requirements include completing a minimum of 54 transferable credits, maintaining a cumulative 2.8 GPA, and earning at least a 2.0 GPA in the term before transferring.

Associate Degree Transfer Contracts

Students interested in transferring after starting at one of four participating schools can do so after completing the appropriate transfer program track of an associate degree program offered at that school. To be eligible, students need to declare their intent to participate before earning their first 30 credits, complete a minimum of 54 transferable credits, maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA and complete the transfer track within five years.