Study Abroad

If you have enrolled in a study abroad program that is not approved by UW–Madison, you will need to apply for reentry admission. You can apply directly through the Student Center in My UW with your NetID and password. Once you have accessed the Student Center, you can find the reentry application under the “Academics” section.

How and when will my credits be evaluated?

All credit evaluations for study abroad programs that are not approved by UW–Madison should be completed through the International Academic Programs office (IAP). Once you have applied to the foreign institution or sponsoring study abroad program of your choice, you will need to sign up for transfer credit services through IAP. You do not need to be accepted by the non-approved program to begin the sign-up process for credit evaluations. More information about transfer credit services for non-approved programs can be found on the Study Abroad website.

Final Transcripts

Once you have completed your study abroad program, you will need to send your transcript directly to IAP for evaluation. For questions about processing timelines for your study abroad credits to be visible on your DARS report, please contact IAP directly at: